If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday 10 September 2012

Sweet Pea Duckie Quilt- Tutorial


Sweet Pea Duckie Quilt


I have made a quilt for one of the ladies at school who is having a baby at the end of the year.
I have made a tutorial for the quilt and you can download it from HERE

I could not make up my mind what theme to do until I saw these Sweet Pea Duckie designs by Embroidery Connection yesterday. I embroidered the blocks yesterday and quilted the quilt and finished it off this morning. I have made about four baby quilts using this layout. Once the blocks are together the top is finished. The quilt layout lends itself so well to showcasing embroidered blocks. It would look just as nice embroidered in a 2x3 layout as well.
Pieced quilt backing

Machine stitched quilt binding
I pieced the backing using offcuts from the block border strips and also completely machine stitched the binding.
Kenny Kreations Santa using the same block design

I have also made a wall hanging using the same type of layout. You just have to do a few calculations to get your strip lengths and widths to work together. If anyone wants me to publish the calculations for different sized blocks please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Great layout Vicki. Thanks again for your inspirational work and your generosity to us.
    I'm sure I will use this quilt pattern many times.
    Sorry to hear of your dear Father's death recently.Fathers are very precious if we have had a good kind man.
    Best wishes
    Dawn Holmes

    ReplyDelete