If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday 16 September 2012

Hexagonal/Octagonal Swirly Table Topper-Tutorial Uploaded


Hexagonal Table Topper

Ocatagonal Table Topper
Today has been very productive. I have been using my skills in geometry to design and make these two table toppers/ placemats. They can be made as large as you like by just adding more rows around the outside. I just cut 2 1/2 inch wide strips and kept on adding them around the initial shape, be it octagon or hexagon. You could also do the same thing with a square . The secret to getting the swirling effect is to add the strips in the one direction.
I used a new iris design by Kenny Kreations. I bought one design and changed the colour palette. The green/purple octagonal topper is more traditional than the modern black/ white and red one even though the same embroidery design is used. The grid colour was changed to black and the iris now has red tonings.

You can find the tutorial with included templates for both table toppers HERE

4 comments:

  1. Vicki!!! Incredible! Wow! Really liking it. My how you inspire me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, I made the Pole Twist Quilt Pattern up for Christmas. I love it! You are so talented! I would to have your pattern for this beautiful Octagonal Table Topper. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki. I have made multiple of these swirling octagon table topper but am forgetting how the start the sewing. Any advice would be most appreciated.
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete